Madison the City Chamber of Commerce’s Retirement Program is the city’s official promotional arm of Madison as an ideal retirement community. However, our best tools are those retirees who have selected Madison as their community. Madison is a "Certified Retirement City" and nationally ranked as one of the best retirement locations in the country. It was named as one of the "Top Ten Cities to Raise a Family," by Family Circle Magazine and also awarded the seal of approval by the American Association of Retirement Communities. The Chamber and the City of Madison actively promote Madison as a retirement haven by providing numerous recreational, education, and cultural opportunities.
The Chamber’s Retirement Program:
- Serves as a resource for retirees who want to learn more about living in Madison.
- Utilizes retirees to conduct tours of the area and talk to prospective retirees about the benefits and spirit of Madison.
- Sponsors events designed to enhance the quality of life for retirees through classes, trips, social events, regular bridge games and volunteer opportunities.
- Coordinates media coverage and advertising in national publications.
- Maintains our certification as one of the Mississippi Development Authority’s 21 certified retirement cities.
To volunteer or to learn more about our Retirement Program, please contact:
Madison the City Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 544
Madison, MS 39130
Phone: (601) 317-9756